Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Baby Shower for Anjie

Taylor was a big help. She would hand Anjie the gifts and even tried to drag the big ones to her too. Of course, she wanted to stand directly in front of Anjie to help unwrap them too.
Here is the front of the Sudoku quilt (far right) I made for Anjie. (The back shows the squares I used in numerical order, starting with the upper left hand corner as the first square, to the bottom right hand corner as # nine.)
The back of the quilt could always be as interesting as the front. Bunny's Sew Fine Fabrics machine quilted it for me in less than two days time. The picture does not show how nice the quilting looks.




The cake was made by Jane Sinon.












Even though Tam-e & I purchased mixed match things for the shower. It sure seemed like our theme was rubber ducky.





Here's my story.........

My stress level was at its all-time high peak at the shower. Tam-e & I arrived at the church around 1:10, we had 1/2 hour to decorate tables and arrange everything. We could do this!

It was quickly apparent that we needed more tables! The tables are stored in this one particular closet. That door was to be unlocked......it wasn't. I had no idea what Eric's phone # was. Now what? My mind immediately went through names from the church that would know Eric's home #. What better person to call first, Jenara, our church secretary. She was just a few streets from us. She came to the rescue. The door was unlocked and tables were retrieved.

Oh no! It's 1:50 and people are arriving! I had to leave! A mad dash to the car so I could head home to bake the bread sticks. (Did your mother ever tell you "A watched pot never boils?") My bread sticks weren't cooking fast enough for me. I burnt a few in the process. Loaded up the lasagna and bread sticks and off I took. We unloaded the food, by this time, my stress got to me. I felt like everything was coming unglued. I tell "Tam-e this was not a way to do this, it was totally unorganized." (Thankgoodness Tam-e has broad shoulders and assured me that everything was fine. It took another 1/2 hour for me to calm down. What previously played in my mind as a smooth sailing for this shower, had not played out that way in real life.)

After eating, Anjie was directed towards the big table of gifts. Only a few things were duplicates. Not too much to take back to the store. Finally the last gift was opened, & everyone went their separate directions.
Clean up seemed to go quickly. Thanks to Laura Enright for helping before, during and after the shower.
Tam-e, Taylor and myself changed clothes, ordered pizza and off we took to spend the evening with BJ & Anjie. (& Steve, too) They all tried to come up with a name to call their child while I slept.
(Drannik Scott Kinnard) Will Anjie agree to this name for a boy?
It grows on you after a while.............But what if it's a girl?

No comments: