I stopped by Odd Lots to see if they might have a candle that would look good on the new candle holders. I was also hoping for them to be cheaper than Wal-Mart. They were!
Aunt Ruthie & I stopped by Lowes today. I picked up more "paint chips" for the new color of the mantle. What about a little darker blue?
Ok I decided I would take a picture of the paint chip, Bungalow Blue. It's almost the same color as the Lazy Boy. See the chair in the lower lefthand corner of the second picture?
Open for more suggestions....................
3 comments:
Um...I am not sold on the blue for the mantel. I think you need to go lighter. The darkness is jut too heavy.
I like that clock. Where did you get it? Big Lots? I am not sure about the candles. I like the candlesticks but the candles seem a little too tall. But that is just my opinion. Let me click back and check it out again.
Ok. Yeah, I might be wrong about the candles. Maybe they need to be fatter. I don't know. Why me??? I am not the interior decorator! I really like that clock though. And I am sticking with going for a lighter color on the mantle.( I had to look that word up cuz I thought I was spelling it wrong and I was!)
I went with the same size they had in the Home Interior book for the candles.
Yes, the clock was purchased at Big Lots. I thought if I didn't like it, I would take it back. I think I'll keep it.
You may not be a interior decorator, but you have the eye to make things look good.
Post a Comment