Sunday, August 3, 2008

Picture day

Recently I was able to visit Tam-e & her family.

(I had purchased a picture frame with five slots.......I thought......YES! One for each grandchild how perfect.)

So while I was there, I took pictures of the kids. It's great having a digital camera. I can take as many as the card will hold and discard the ones I don't like. But I still love my "film/negative" SLR camera. I've learned several different things recently with the digital though, which helps. Eventually this new camera will grow on me.

I've even learned something new about my computer.....I can make movies!

I'm trying to get my very first movie to download.......doesn't seem to be working for me. I will keep trying though. So watch for the post.

Alas.....the video finally downloaded. I guess it just needed time.

Now remember as you watch this that I used only what I had available to me music wise. So the songs don't really go with the pictures.

Hey....what do you expect for my first try and trying to figure out how to work this new thing I have found. Later I will do one for the boys, so watch for that post. Hopefully, I can remember what I did. Ha!

Enjoy the photo's!

5 comments:

Tam-e said...

Glad you are having fun with this. When you sent this to me via email it didn't come out right. The photos did not come out clear. It was really weird! I too will have to play with mine now that I know I have it on my computer! Wish I had known a long time ago! Can't wait to see the boys.

Marty said...

It's been fun seeing what this movie maker will do.

The right music with the photos adds to the video. I'm not the music person so finding that right music is difficult.

I think you'll enjoy using this feature on the computer.....have fun!!

her said...

ok, this was great..now show me how to do this!

Joy, Debi

btw...the kids are wonderful!

Marty said...

Wow.....you're asking a lot!

I have a program on my computer called "windows Movie Maker".

After downloading the photo's from my camera. I add them to the movie maker program. Add the music. Select the automatic movie maker button and wa-la! A movie is made.

You can click & drag the pictures you want into the timeline too. I found out later that you can add how to change the transitions to the next photo. That's cool. You can fade in & out the music too.

It's a neat program. Hope you have it on your computer.
Marty

Marissa said...

Congadulations on your first video Marty! It turned out good! I'm going to have to check it out on my comp now lol.
The girls were so adorable too. They both look like they are growing so fast, and it's only been a few months. I miss seeing them so often! :(
Can't wait to see what you find next to experiment with on your camera/computer!