Thursday, August 21, 2008

Steve's 60th Birthday




What's a birthday without cake?
We had "two" cakes!
Both were very, very good.
Of course, I have not downloaded all the photo's onto my blog from Steve's birthday party, only a few. So enjoy what's here.

My brother John, Steve & Dan use to hang out together in high school.

This photo is the high school gang.

Marty, Steve, Lois, Dan, Sheryl & John


(Of course, I didn't hang out with them in high school.....I'm just in the picture.)

Jody Parkinson & Ruth YoungThe Other Cake!
Aunt Martha & Uncle Jim Yeager
Lois, Dan Spangler & Steve

Brother's: Joe & Steve

Brandon made corn hole boards. He did a great job on them. So, we played a couple games of corn hole. That was fun! I got a kick out of Jane, Steve's cousin, she was havin' a blast! She got so excited! It was so cute. She was Steve's partner.

Sam & Steve



I believe this cake is a replica of a


'55 Chevy.
The other cake.
Yum 'O!


Stacy, Tam-e, Steve & Brandon


Not sure how this video will view on my blog page, but I guess if nothing else, you'll get the gist of what's on it. For those of you who might not know, Steve is singing the first song, "Just a Swingin'". (I think that's the name of it.)
Before I forget, a "huge" big Thank You to Leslie Bebout for the last minute song contribution that I desperately needed to finish the video. You're the greatest Leslie!!!! And then some.

Today Steve is celebrating his 60th birthday.
Happy Birthday, Steve!


The kids had a surprise party for him this past Saturday. What a surprise that was.....NOT! He's always been a person who you think is not listening or not aware of some things, but in all actuality, he's "definitely" aware.


I occupied his time for the day of the party. We went to Stacy's to hang her hardware for her curtains, and then we went to dinner. Of course, he kept buggin' me, trying to figure out what time we had to be back. I did end up telling him. Sorry, B.J. & Tam-e. At least I had him there at the right time.


The video was to be Stacy's project, but being who I am, there are times I take over, and that's what I did with this video. In one of my previous post, I said I found how to make a movie on my computer. So cool. It was a reason to take over, and I wanted to do this for the kids. It also gave me the satisfaction that I could be involved with this surprise.

This time I couldn't figure out how to get the thing posted. Persistence is the key I guess. Because it finally worked.

I've added a few more photo's of that evening. Although there were only a few showed up, we had fun. Lots of cake & homemade ice cream. Yum! The kids did a good job!

Once again......

Happy 60th Birthday

Steve!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Well you and Stacy (however that worked out) did a great job on the video! I was so sweet. And my goodness he still looks so young!!
I loved the car cake, it was very cool.

Tam-e said...

I love the video! Thank you so much for doing that. I know Dad loves it!

Marty said...

Your welcome.
I had a lot of fun making that video. Good memories came alive.

Unfortunately, it has a little gliche around the end, which I can't figure out why. But none the less, it served the purpose.

Are you able to download it?

Love you