Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend on a Farm

I am a follower of another blogger. Chickens in the Road

I like to see her pictures and read her stories about the farm animals. It brings back so many memories as a child living on a farm.

I got married when I was 17, and then moved somewhat to the city. As I've grown older I've wanted to go back to the farm life. I wouldn't need many acres, maybe five to ten. That would be plenty and probably more than enough to handle.

The last weekend in April this blogger will have a weekend of cooking and painting. She has had events before and I thought it would be interesting to attend one. But who knew where she lived!!! And how far I would have to go to get there!!! Come to find out she lives in West Virginia, only a three and a half hour drive. I could handle that.

My daughter, Tam-e, and myself will get up early on Saturday morning, and drive, drive, and drive. Our event that day will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end around 6:00.  (I may need to take a nap to be able to function.) She will prepare our breakfast and lunch. We will prepare our dinner for our first evening on the farm.  Most likely more food consumption in one day than I normally eat in three.

 I look forward to this event not only for the time on a farm, but to be able to spend time with my daughter. Something that does not happen as much as I like.

At a later date, I hope to post a couple pictures. Maybe even my painting. OK....Regardless how bad my painting turns out, I'll try to post it so the whole world can see what a great artistic feat I have accomplished.

No comments: