Sunday I went with some friends to shoot some rounds.
We had gone to a farm way outside of town.
The targets weren't that far from where you were standing or sitting, whichever you preferred. I started out sitting and then ended up standing.
I was given a 22/45 Rugar semi-automatic pistol (that's what it had on the barrel). The other I used was a revolver. After shooting the revolver a few times, I decided I liked the semi-automatic best.
Even though the target wasn't that far from you, 15 feet I believe. There were some who missed the paper entirely. The one lady who went before me did miss the paper. All I could think of.....this is going to be hard.
I was nervous at first, but it soon became quite fun. There were people there who taught us what to look for while taking aim. I was told I did quite well. I can say I was consistant. It seemed like I hit the same spot over and over again, mostly close to the bullseye. That was exciting.
I did so well my friends called me Annie Oakley.
Whatever.........
4 comments:
Proud of you Marty! That is so cool..I wish I was not so nervous around guns. Growing up w/them I had a healthy respect for them...but when my first husband held a shotgun to my right temple..my mind refuses to allow one in my home. But good for you!
Joy,
we are coming home this week for the week...and will come out to your place to eat ....in Heath.
I will call you at work..
Sounds interesting. I know I am not good at aiming! I can't close my left eye and I look with the right. Weird I know!
FYI: You should never close your eyes when shooting a gun! You may just end up shooting your own foot! Seriously though... you should not close one eye, as this moves the center of your target!
Post a Comment